Suwannee Valley Diesels and 4x4 Online Community

A North Central Florida Online Community for Diesels, 4x4's, off-roading, hauling, racing, and related events around North Central Florida

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» for guest
Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:58 pm by bluedieselram

» cat removal
Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:54 pm by bluedieselram

» lift kit
Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:16 pm by bluedieselram

» Diesel Drags Gainsville March 24, 2012
Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:08 pm by BlueLightning7.3

» Engine Fan
Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm by thatboys3500

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Site Sponsors
Sponsorship Info - Click Here!

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  

Bookmark and share the address of Suwannee Valley Diesels and 4x4 Online Community on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

sound systems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bluedieselram

PostSubject: sound systems   Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 pm

whos got the best speaker & amps?i dont want nothing to crazy just want to have a louder stereo & dont not that much about audio equipment
Back to top Go down
44'snot24's

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:49 pm

also if you give us a idea of what your wanting we can help guide you in the right way. like if your wanting bass or just louder speakers.
Back to top Go down
dmaxtothemax

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:34 pm

I like to have a "tune-able" head unit - meaning lots of room to fine tune some things... From my experience, Pioneer brand seems to give me many options for low $$$...

As far as 4 channel amps, I like to have about 50 RMS watts to each midrange speaker available to me, and I will use about 3/4 of that 50 watts as a standard (these percentages of levels vary on many things too)...

As for midrange speakers, I tend to use the same brand as my head units because they are the same brand and most likely to work good together with minimal problems (kinda like why you don't use chevy motor mounts on your mustang) ... OR I go with some very nice mid's like MB Quart, JL Audio, Boston Acoustics, etc... which puts you out of the "on a budget" range - reasons are if you have these upper class mids, you need more power to run them typically, so now you would need larger amps and subs to fill the bottom sector of music, which all adds up to $$$$...
Back to top Go down
http://www.svd4x4.com
44'snot24's

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:51 pm

exactly well put..... its all a matter of how loud you want to be lol
Back to top Go down
bluedieselram

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:25 pm

bass & i want to be able to adjust it if need be.i killed most of my speakers driving through a river.i dont want to blow my windows off but i dont want it to be loud
Back to top Go down
44'snot24's

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 pm

i had good luck with some little kicker comp 10's they get loud when you want to be and there cheap as dirt
Back to top Go down
dmaxtothemax

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Yeah, you probably want to stick around the 10" woofer range... They give you that low end bass guitar fill and some kick, but won't blow you away by any means... 12" wooders will give you a louder deeper looser sound traveling into a lower frequency range (this is my kinda bass)... 15" and bigger are for serious bass heads - they will colapse your lungs and shake your eyes out of your head (not really, but they are for someone who wants a lot of bass felt more than heard)

I second the Kicker Comps if you want to be on a budget... They are cheap and sometimes buy one get one free at Best Buy... You can prolly get a pair of 10's for less than $100... Maybe look into some MTX Thunder series amps on ebay to push them...

Just a rule of thumb, you will blow a speaker from lack of power before you will blow with over power... Always have your amp's wattage about 20% more than your speakers take... Pull the gain down to about 75% on your amp and you will never have any problems (drinking or not ;-) ... and bridgeable amps are usually your best choice for woofers...

Don't waste your money on a installation kit from walmart or where ever, they are just money makers... You do want to use a good sized wire, like 8 guage or 4 guage (or even bigger if your using muliple amps)... A fuse at the battery AND (not or) your amp has a fuse on it usually... The ground wire needs to be at least (or bigger) the size of the + wire... Make sure you have a solid ground connection - this will keep your voltages balanced... Keep the ground wire between 6 and 18 inches...

Keep your polarities consistant... + connected to +, - connected to -...

Hopefully this will get you started... Let me know if you need any advice selecting between items...
Back to top Go down
44'snot24's

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm

i found some kicker comps online for 37 each dont know about shipping but to me thats dirt cheap i had a p1 and another kicker and blew them apart but the comp kept going granted the other kicker was a little older so im sure that had some to do with it blowing apart. im going to run 2 of them for the time being until i can get money saved for the good stuff
Back to top Go down
dmaxtothemax

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:15 am

very cool man.. good prices... I paid $250 for my 2 JL Audio 12's - used... They run about $250/ea usually... Got my amps for little money too... All on ebay... Amazon.com has some deals too, just gotta find em...
Back to top Go down
44'snot24's

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:21 am

yeah just got to look i had a kid with a 12w7 in a ported box with a kicker 750.1 amp for 250 just didnt buy it at the time cause i had no vehicle for a little while want to smash my head into a wall when i think of that now what a steal that was
Back to top Go down
bluedieselram

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:09 pm

thanks for info
Back to top Go down
44'snot24's

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:17 pm

no problem thats what were here for
Back to top Go down
dmaxtothemax

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 am

no prob man... let me know if i can help ya - i've put quite a few systems in in the past... not so much lately...

And yeah, the 12w7 and 750 mono amp would have been a steal for that price... and would pound the crap out of ya...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sound systems   

Back to top Go down

sound systems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1